First Assembly Will Take Place on 24 May 2022
Acting on behalf of the Upper Silesian Aviation Society S.A. (Górnośląskie Towarzystwo Lotnicze S.A.), as the manager of Katowice Airport, we kindly inform that, due to the fact that 2 328 973 passengers were handled last year, which is a number over the 2 million specified in article 67 paragraph 3c of the Act of 3 July 2002 Aviation Law, and the Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 13 August 2020 on the formation and operation of committees at airports, the Upper Silesian Aviation Society S.A. has been obliged to convene the founding meeting of the Air Carriers Committee.
In view of the above, the Airport Manager invites airport users to participate in the first founding meeting of the "Katowice Airport Air Carriers Committee", which will be held on Tuesday 24 May 2022 at 10:00 in the “Alfa” conference room in Terminal B, on the 2nd floor.
Based on the Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure of 13 August 2020 on the formation and operation of committees at airports, we would like to inform you that:
- airport users, understood as any natural or legal person responsible for the carriage of passengers, mail and/or freight by air, to or from the airport in question, and the organisation of airport users, as members of the Committee, may attend meetings of the Committee (without voting rights);
- enrolment on the list of Air Carriers Committee members and removal from this list shall be made by the Chairman of the Committee upon written request of the entity applying for membership or resigning from membership;
- an airport user may authorise in writing the airport users organisation to which that user belongs to act on his behalf and for his benefit in the work of the Air Carriers Committee, in particular to vote;
- being a member of the Air Carriers Committee is voluntary;
- meetings of the Air Carriers Committee shall be attended by representatives of its members, acting on the basis of written mandates from its members
- the Air Carriers Committee shall be chaired by a Chairman elected by the Committee;
- the work of the Chairman of the Air committee shall be assisted by a Secretary of the Air Carrier Committee designated by the Chair of Air Carriers Committee from among the representatives of the members of the Air Carriers Committee.
Until the election of the first Chairman of the Air Carriers Committee and the Secretary of the Air Carriers Committee, their functions shall be performed by a representative of the managing body of the airport:
Chairman - Paweł Wojda, Director of Katowice Airport
Secretary - Piotr Cichoń, Compliance Manager
Applications for the participation in the founding meeting of the Air Carriers Committee shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and shall include the name and surname of the represented airport user together with written authorisation.