The ecumenical chapel at Katowice Airport was opened in April 2009 and is located on the second floor of the general access area in Terminal B.
The chapel was blessed on 21 May 2009 by the Bishop of Sosnowiec, Grzegorz Kaszak.
- Masses Times for Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation: 7:00am and 4:00pm
- Midnight Mass: 12:00am (Midnight)
- Christmas Day: 7:00am and 4:00pm
- Boxing Day: 7:00am
- Ash Wednesday: 7:00am and 4:00pm
- Easter Sunday: 8:00am and 4:00pm
- Easter Monday: 7:00am
- Corpus Christi: 7:00am
- All Saints’ Day: 7:00am
- Sacrament of penance and reconciliation: Monday, Thursday, 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Masses for groups and pilgrims also possible.
- Prayer books
- Poetry – several language versions.
Contact – Chaplain
The Chaplain is on call 24 hours a day:
Information for travelling priests
Priests wanting to perform Masses at the Airport Chapel are requested to contact the Chaplain or the Airport Terminal Coordinator.
Prayer for a safe flight
Almighty God and Father “Who passes by like a breeze”, we bless you and glorify you in all your works because in your infinite wisdom you have entrusted to mankind the task of achieving marvelous and great wonders
Hear our prayer, which we address to you through the intercession of Mary, Our Lady of Loreto.
The planes which travel in the sky spread your praise and serve men to carry on their arduous labors more rapidly.
Your blessing brings to pilots, technicians and their assistants, wisdom and prudence to operate in order that those who travel by air, after having overcome all obstacles and difficulties, are able to happily reach their destination.
Through Christ our Lord.
John Paul II, Loreto; September 8, 1979