Items prohibited in hand luggage
Detailed information on the permissible limits and dimensions of hand luggage should be checked with the carrier.
Some items cannot be brought on board as hand luggage. All prohibited items are on the list of items prohibited to carry in hand luggage.
The final decision on the admission of any object for transport is made by the safety control operator, on the basis on an analysis of acceptable risk. Items confiscated from passengers are disposed of.
Liquids, sprays and gels may be carried on board in hand luggage under the following conditions:
- they must be placed in containers of less than 100ml in volume and placed in one transparent, resealable plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 1 litre (exempt from security control by means of a dedicated device). Each passenger may take only one 1-litre plastic bag.
- liquids, sprays and gels (over 100ml in volume) intended for use during a journey for medicinal purposes or owing to special dietary requirements, including baby food may also be brought on board if the passenger is able to justify the need for them during the flight. These substances are subject to security control using dedicated devices.
- liquids, aerosols and gels purchased after security check at an EU airport or on board an EU carrier must be packed in a sealed (Security Tamper Evident Bag - STEB) bag (packed by the seller) with proof of purchase or a purchase location identifier. Substances partially released from security control by means of dedicated devices.
- liquids, aerosols and gels purchased after security checks at an airport in a third country or on board a carrier from a third country must be packed in a sealed (STEB) bag (packed by the seller) with proof of purchase visible or a location identifier of the place of purchase. Purchased liquid substances are controlled by means of dedicated devices.
Special regulations regarding the transport of liquids, aerosols and gels purchased after security screening at an EU airport
Liquids, aerosols and gels purchased at the airport after security screening must be packed in a tightly sealed pouch (STEB) by attendants at a duty-free store or on board an aircraft with visible proof of purchase or store ID. The validity of a sealed package is 3h. This means that passengers who have planned air travel within the EU with a transfer connection will be able to carry liquids, aerosols and gels in special STEB bags without having to be re-screened at the transfer port. If the STEB packaging expires or the packaging has been compromised within 3 hours of the liquids, aerosols or gels being placed in it, the liquid substances transported will need to be screened again.
Travel from a non-EU airport with a transfer through an EU airport - carriage of previously purchased liquids
If you are travelling from an airport outside of the EU and you intend to buy liquids in its duty free zone (after security checks), make sure that these items are properly packed in a security tamper evident bag in which the proof of purchase or identification of the place of purchase are easily visible.
A list of airports from which liquids, aerosols and gels brought by passengers may be exempt from security checks during transfer at a European airport, provided they are properly packed, is available on the website of the Civil Aviation Office www.ulc.gov.pl
Registered passengers may place all liquid substances in checked baggage or semi-liquid in containers of any capacity. There are norestrictions on alcohol, except those of the country of destination and passengers are urged to check the limits of their country of destination for details.
The following items cannot be carried by passengers in checked baggage :
- explosives and incendiary substances and devices - explosives and incendiary substances and devices which may be used to cause serious injury or create a safety hazard on board an aircraft, including:
- detonators and fuses,
- mines, grenades and other military explosives,
- fireworks and other pyrotechnics,
- smoke bombs and smoke cartridges,
- dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives.
Oversized baggage exceeding the acceptable dimensions, having an unusual shape (eg sports equipment, backpacks, musical instruments, etc.), chemicals allowed for transport are handled by check-in 4 (after prior notification of handling agent or at the Airport Information desk).