Entrance to Terminal B only via Terminal A
In connection with the construction work and extension of Terminal B, all entries from the car park into Terminal B have been closed. Entry to Terminal B is only possible through neighbouring Terminal A.
Construction facilities in front of Terminal B will result in 120 parking spaces being excluded from use and the moving of the drop-off zone to in front of Passenger Terminal C. In exchange, during construction work, 660 parking spaces have been made available in the new, western part of the P1 car park.
There will also be significant changes inside Terminal B. All catering outlets located there have closed for the duration, as has access to the observation deck.
At this stage of the investment, no significant changes are planned for the ground floor of the public hall. The schedule forecasts that, all check-in operations and the security control zone will remain open there, until August 2020.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
The present renovation and extension works of Terminal B will see:
- The area of the facility increase by 40% to 17 200 m2
- The area separated into a check-in area and a security control area on different floors
- The number of check-in desks increase from 18 to 28
- The number of security checkpoints increase from 6 to 8
- The construction of three external staircases, which will be connected to the terminal by bridges
- the number of boarding gates increase from 10 to 16.
- The capacity of Terminal B increase from 2 million to 4 million passengers a year.
The main contractor is "Promus Ruda Śląska" Sp. z o.o. The investment cost is 77.4 million PLN.
The project’s scheduled completion date is the first half of 2021 at the latest.