Entrance to Terminal B only via Terminal A
As a result of the reconstruction and expansion of Passenger Terminal B, all entrances leading to the object from the car park have been closed. Access to Passenger Terminal B is only possible via Passenger Terminal A.
A construction camp is located in front of Terminal B; consequently, 120 parking spots have been decommissioned. However, two pick up and drop off zones have been created. One is located in front of terminal A, while the other – in front of terminal C. In place of the parking spots in front of terminal B, which will not be accessible during the time of the investment, 660 spots have been made available; they are located in the new, western part of P1.
Significant changes also occurred in terminal B. Due to the fact that food courts have been closed, it will not be possible to buy warm meals and sandwiches within the boundaries of the public hall and departure hall in the foreseeable future. Furthermore, the observation deck has also been closed. In order to increase the comfort for passengers awaiting their respective flights, the areas of the observation deck will be incorporated into the departure hall. After the end of the investment, the observation deck will no longer exist.
As a result of the scheduled reconstruction which will enhance the area of passenger terminal B, the departure hall has been temporarily reduced. Bigger changes are not planned to happen at the ground floor of the public hall during this stage of the investment. According to the schedule, all check-in desks, as well as the security control area, will function till August 2020. The ecumenical chapel – located at the first floor of terminal B – will also serve its purpose till August 2020.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks to the reconstruction and expansion of passenger terminal B:
- The Surface of the object will increase by 40%, thus amounting to 17 000 m2.
- The object will have a new, inspired by that of terminal A and C, architecture.
- Check-in and security control areas will be located on different floors.
- The numer of check-in desks will increase from 18 to 28.
- The numer of security check stands will increase from 6 to 8.
- Three external stairwells – connected to the terminal via bridges – will be created. Consequently, the numer of boarding gates will increase from 10 to 16.
- The capacity of Terminal B will increase from 2 to 4 million passengers per year.
"Promus Ruda Śląska" Sp. z o.o. is the chief contractor of the investment. It is worth 77,4 million PLN netto, and is scheduled to end no later than the first half of 2021.